Saturday afternoon... Sunday evening...


I miss those Saturday afternoons where you combed your hair, dressed your best and your parents took you with them to a wedding
Those Sunday evenings where immediately after church, you drove to your aunt's place to visit and play with your cousins.

I miss those Saturday afternoons where you stayed in the dormitory sleeping or went boys end just do to nothing.
Those Sunday evenings where you reacted spaghetti in percolator and shared with all your classmates or went for 'entertainment' just to see your crush and hope he says hi to you

I miss those Saturday afternoons where you closed shop at 4pm instead of 6 pm to meet your friends at Nandos and prayed your boss wouldn't choose that day to pass by.
Those Sunday evenings where you got home and went straight to your room praying your parents wouldn't notice how late it is.

I miss those Saturday afternoons where you woke up at 2pm after a wild Friday night just to shower, eat and then head back to sleep.
Those Sunday evenings where Katy Perry's 'I kissed a girl' played on the radio and you sat with your girlfriend and talked about boys.

I miss those Saturday afternoons where we all drove up the hill and jumped into the water and swam till our hair broke.
Those Sunday evenings where you stayed indoors and watched series and ate cereal and white wine.

I miss those Saturdays when I played hide and seek with Ethel and Mwine and Tsiima cried because we found him first
Those Sunday evenings where we were the last to leave church and Aby was always trying to convince me to sleep over.

I'll miss these Saturday afternoons where Colin and I go to watch a rugby game and my team beats his while he makes jokes..
These Sunday afternoons where Jackie from school invites me for her children's birthday party and I forget the gift...

Oh how time flies...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anything but ordinary

Thoughts on a humid Sunday midnight

World without color