IT'S IN THE LITTLE THINGS...


Yesterday, for the first time in my life, I got to gently lay my hand on the tummy of a pregnant lady and feel her baby move…

It was such a profound moment, knowing that there was a life in there, waiting to be brought into this world, shaped and molded and made into just about anything... You would probably think it’s because I haven’t had children of my own that I am still so deeply moved by this small event, but it’s for this same reason that my awe should be not taken lightly. Because sometimes after you have had a few children of your own, and have been worn out by the never-ending duties that come with motherhood, you forget to fully appreciate what it is that really happened. You need someone to take you back to those days way back, when you didn’t take it for granted…

As a woman, you have been blessed with the huge responsibility of bringing a life into this world; A LIFE! The one thing that all the geniuses and professors of science in all its advancement have still not been able to replicate is growing inside you. You get to take part in creation, and then you get to decide which paint colors and tones will be used on this empty canvas, and what the picture will look like at the end of it all. This child could be the next Mandela, or Mohamed Ali, or Abraham, or Moses; they could change the world, and you get to carry them for nine months and then bring them into the world…so don’t call me naïve if I still find it magnanimous when I feel a child kick, or when I cry at every birth, or when I stare at a random child for a tad bit too long. Because in that brief moment, I see what they were, what they could be, and how in just this second, using this incomplete canvas, with just one stroke of my paint brush, I could change the world forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anything but ordinary

Thoughts on a humid Sunday midnight

Farewell Blogger!